Job Type: Full-timeLocation:
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Inspect materials received and manage Material Test Reports (MTR)
- Ensure job numbers and codes are assigned correctly; ensure piece marks are correct and applied correctly.
- Inspect surface preparation and completed welds; ensure correct weld procedures are available and in use.
- Maintain control of drawing revisions, weld procedures, and welder qualification.
- Complete all associated documentation; Quality Control reports, sign-off on drawings, etc.
- Inspect layout, dimensions, and materials for conformance to the approved shop drawings and job specifications; record and document all results.
- Coordinate non-destructive testing with appropriate contractors.
- Write non-conformance reports when necessary.
- Coordinate with production personnel.
- QC Inspector may be required to work some shift work.
- Perform miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
- Dimensional inspection; receiving inspection, weld visual inspection, liquid penetrant inspection, pressure test inspection and paint coating inspection.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Graduate secondary school in welding technology, QA/QC or a related discipline at the University or College level or a minimum of 2 year work experience in QA/QC role.
- Experience in steel fabrication and welding, technical training related to welding and weld inspection, civil or mechanical engineering technology with emphasis in quality assurance or several years of experience in quality assurance related to steel fabrication and welding would be an asset.
- W178 Level I Visual Weld Inspection or II Visual Weld Inspection would be an asset
- Experience with structural codes – CSA W59 and structural welding-CWB would be an asset.
- Ability to read schematics and blueprints and/or technical manuals.
- Thorough understanding of dimensional specifications and ability to take and record dimensional checks and determine pass/fail criteria.
- Computer literacy in MS Office applications, CAD knowledge.
- Ability to gather data, compile information, and prepare reports.
- Professional verbal and written communications with the ability to work in diverse teams.
- Must be able to meet tight deadlines and prioritize workload appropriately.
- Thorough understanding of all safety rules and regulations due to shop inspections, training, and risk to hazards.
Requires effective communication and interaction between trades-people, supervisors, managers, and other inspectors. A “hands on” mentality is required. Must meet tight deadlines and therefore must be able to prioritize workload appropriately. Due to shop inspections, training and other shop exposure, the position of Quality Control Inspector is at increased risk to hazards. It is vital that the QC Inspector understands and obeys all safety rules and regulations.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
- Successful candidate must be willing to submit to a Police Records check
- Possession of a valid driver’s license.
To apply to this position please forward your resume to email@example.com indicating the name of the position in the subject line of the email. We would like to thank all applicants who apply, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.