Job Type: Full-timeLocation: Winnipeg
Job ID: Class 1 Driver
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Perform pre-trip inspections, maintenance of the truck and safe operating at all times with appropriate paperwork completed accurately
• Report any issues or concerns with the trucks operations
• Deliveries are primarily within the City of Winnipeg, but occasionally trips are conducted out of the city and possibly out of province
• Coordinates deliveries with Project Coordinator’s and Foremen on job-sites
• Some job-sites have limited access. The driver must assess the best means of approach and ensure the truck and the loads are spotted safely
• Operating the truck safely at all times is of utmost importance. Must obey all traffic laws and highway regulations
• The truck driver operates as part of the shipping and receiving team and will routinely assist loading and unloading when not making deliveries.
• Routinely operate forklifts and overhead cranes
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
• Must have a valid Class 1 driver’s license with “clean” driver’s abstract
• Must be an authorized forklift operator with appropriate training and experience
• Must be an authorized overhead crane operator with appropriate training and experience
• Must have current training and be familiar with the Transportation of Dangerous Goods and the Highway Transportation Act
• Must demonstrate both verbal and written communication skills
• Knowledge of established material handling procedures
• Knowledge of occupational hazards and safety precautions applicable to the work
• Ability to shelve, store, and distribute materials.
• Ability to perform simple arithmetic calculations.