Job Type: Full-timeLocation: Winnipeg, Manitoba
Reporting to the Transportation Manager, Diesel Mechanic performs repairs and maintenance on heavy trucks Diesel Engines, ground equipment by troubleshooting and inspecting vehicles and equipment.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Perform repairs and maintenance on heavy trucks Diesel Engines, ground equipment and others
- Troubleshoot and inspect vehicles and equipment to determine repairs required.
- Other duties as assigned
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Experience in the Transportation, with oversized loads and heavy haul is an asset.
- High School Diploma or equivalent in education is required.
- 2-5 years related work experience with supervisory experience
- Strong organizational skills and self-starter
- Proven problem solving abilities and the ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Strong leadership skills and the ability to prioritize activities and possess flexibility in a fast pace environment