Job Type: Full-timeLocation: Winnipeg, MB
Job ID: Project Coordinator
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Participate in the planning and scheduling of construction projects.
- Assist Project Manager in establishing performance and delivery criteria’s, ensuring that client and company requirements are being met; prepare project schedules, and plan material purchases.
- Participate in shop planning, work scheduling and loading, materials and equipment acquisition and related activities to promote productivity and the delivery of finished products within contracted timeframes.
- Monitor and coordinate work performed in fabrication shop.
- Supervise/coordinate 2 to 5 personnel in restructuring the setup of the fabrication plant as required to suit projects’ requirements.
- Oversee the dismantling, moving, re-installation of shop tools and equipment.
- Perform miscellaneous job-related duties with assistance to the project.
MINIMUM JOB REQUIREMENTS:
Technical training related to Civil/Mechanical Engineering, steel detailing, or several years of experience in the construction industry or steel fabrication.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- 2-3 years of experience as an engineering technologist, Mechanical Engineer, Civil Engineer or many years’ experience in construction industry or steel fabrication.
- Knowledge of structural design and planning principles and procedures.
- Knowledge with CNC/machining equipment an asset.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work effectively with engineers, subcontractors and shop supervisors.
- Ability to read schematics and blueprints and/or technical manuals.
- Technical knowledge of structural steel and fabrication.
- Skill in the use of computers, specifically Windows based applications, CAD knowledge would be an asset.
- Ability to provide technical guidance and/or supervision to Welders, Iron Workers, and Labourers
- Skill in organizing resources and establishing priorities.
- Knowledge of procurement rules and regulations.
- Ability to assess contract compliance and product/service quality.
- Ability to foster a cooperative business environment.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Skills in workflow analysis and management.
- Ability to perform site inspections and/or approve installations.
- This role involves a combination of office, shop and field work with extended amounts of time using a computer (either laptop or desktop)
- This is a planning and scheduling role and requires attention to detail and the ability to monitor and follow up.
- The role may require instant decision making ability.
- When working in the shop or in the field, this person must wear all appropriate PPE and be dressed appropriately for the conditions at the worksite. (Cold temperatures, rain, dirt etc.)
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
- Successful candidate must be willing to submit to a Police Records Check
- Possession of a valid driver’s licence.